14 Jun Cats OR dogs? We’ll let you decide
Right, it’s time to make a decision. Cats OR dogs? Which animal do you prefer? It’s a question that we have all pondered before but have you really reached a decisive opinion? Mrs Pettet’s Year 2/3 students believe that they will be able to convincingly persuade you to choose either cats OR dogs through their persuasive writing skills.
Beautifully guided by Mrs Pettet, our Room 2 students have completed a persuasive writing process which involved:
- A group analysis of a persuasive text on dogs
- I do/we do/you do for the micro features of persuasive texts and using the Seven Step for Writing Success (e.g. tightening tension/ban the boring using persuasive techniques such as personal pronoun, hyperbole etc)
- Practicing brainstorming, ordering their arguments, putting them into a planner including a rebuttal
- Brainstorming, ordering and planning independently for the argument dogs vs cats
- Begin drafting and slowly discussing each part before writing independently
- Mrs Pettet providing feedback after the first body paragraph
- Students completing their writing and then self-editing.
- Mrs Pettet reviewing their persuasive writing and providing further editing suggestions.
- Final step…PUBLISH!!
Please click here to enjoy reading these terrific persuasive pieces and let us know what you have decided. Cats OR dogs?!?