08 Apr National Ride2School Day
Our Spencer Park Primary School community joined more than 350,000 students across the nation on Friday 25 March 2022 to ride, walk, scoot and skate to school for National Ride2School Day.
It is Australia’s biggest celebration of active travel and one of the best days on the school calendar. It is a day full of fun and colour where students, teachers and families discover the joy of riding and kick-start healthy habits for the future. So, what did our families have to say about their ride to school?
- Elsie said “I didn’t enjoy the ride to school because it was ALL uphill and hard work, but…I did it!”.
- Oliver said “I REALLY liked! I like to ride up and down the mountains around Albany with my mum and dad”.
- Eloise said she much prefers the DOWNHILL ride home more than the ride to school.
- Lucas doesn’t live in Spencer Park so his dad drove him to the local shopping centre and he rode his bike from there. Great idea Lucas.
- Janelle said “It’s a beautiful day and lovely to see so many families out riding together”.
When our riders arrived at SPPS they tested their riding skills on our obstacle course and then devoured a healthy breakfast. Huge thank you to Mr Luscombe and Ms Harris-Moroney for organising our National Ride2School day activities. Click here to see our photos