28 Oct It’s a Wonderful World
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Our Spencer Park school community came together at the Museum of the Great Southern on Wednesday evening to launch our stunning art exhibition It’s a Wonderful World.
Open from 27 October to 10 November 2021, our exhibition celebrates and showcases not only the BRILLIANT art of our students but also the incredible work that is being undertaken by our Spencer Park Primary School teachers, support staff and volunteers.
In the lead up to our exhibition we were exceptionally fortunate to have an Artist in Residence program with local artist Gail Barker. Gail inspired students through sharing of her journals, paintings, advice, skills and knowledge. In addition to this, Gail has very generously donated a coastal painting for our silent auction fundraiser so be sure to enter your bid when you visit our exhibition…it’s absolutely beautiful!
Every student at Spencer Park has meticulously researched, planned, designed and created their own stunning artwork for display in the exhibition:
- Coolangarras Kindy – Rainbows and Flowers
- Kindy – Rainbow Coast
- Pre Primary – What a Wonderful World
- Pre Primary/Year1 – What a Wonderful World
- Year1/2 – Who let the birds out
- Year 2 – Australian Paper Cut Collage
- Year 2/3 – Our Wonderful World Photography
- Year 3/4 – It’s a Wonderful World
- Year 4 – My Wonderful World
- Year 4/5 – We Live in a Wonderful World
- Year 5/6 – Wire Insect Sculptures
- Year 5/6 – Life is beautiful, if you know where to look!
- Spencer Park Education Support Centre – Our Wonderful World
While these photos give you a glimpse of the exhibition, nothing beats seeing it for yourself. Please head down to the Museum of the Great Southern before 10 November 2021 and enjoy our It’s a Wonderful World art exhibition.